January 7, 2011

The Nerdy Runner (via http://kyuppyquotes.tumblr.com)

Once I was chosen as a marathon runner and I must ran 26 miles. No , I'm not an athletic guy of the class or so, I'm just a nerd, who always get 10 out of 10 on Physics and Maths. And that marathon surely changed my life forever. Check this out .

The day was rainy when my teacher told me that i will be the one who ran for my class, school's marathon. Well , I can't even walk properly, and the whole class was laughing so loud. I said to my teacher, ”Mike is a better runner, far better, why me and not him ?” she refused and said that every students need to get that chance to run.

I didn't want to disappoint my teacher, and so, day by day after that, I woke up earlier in the morning and ran for half an hour before I prepared for school. I walked to school from that day on, which was like 5 miles from home. and by the end of the week, I felt that I'm kinda ready for the marathon.

But ..

2 days before the marathon, I fell from my bike, sprained my ankle, and it hurt me so badly. My heart broke, I lost all my confidence, but still, I didn't want to drop out just like that, after all the hard works.

It healed quite fast, but it still hurt anyway. On the marathon day, I forced myself to look ok. And I was ready.

The marathon started, and my ankle hurt so badly, but again , I forced myself to run. In no time , I got to the first save point.

It got worse when I reached the third save point, but I kept on run run and run. Until the last save point. I'm leading, I'm at around the 4th place, out of 35 students, and that was cool for me. But by then, all my dreams faded. I fell, and I couldn't find a way to stand up.

I wanted to cry, but I stopped myself. Everyone was looking at me, and started panicking, some of them laughed at me. And I got only one thing on my mind.

5 miles to go, I stood up, and I walked, not even running, but I didn't care bout all the bullies and thing. I kept on walking, people passed me by, and they got the first winner already.

I started to run, being such a stubborn and forceful person, and just before I reached the finish line, I fell again.

I was the last one, but I didn't care. All I wanted is to finish this race. I stood up again, one last time, I thought, and I closed my eyes and ran. And I fell.

I opened my eyes in despair, it was close, I was just so close to the finish line. I heard cheers and laughters, I looked down.

I sat just after the finish line. I did it ! And people did realize bout my ankle, they brought me to the hospital as soon as I finished the marathon.

My teacher was very proud of me, my friends weren't laughing at me, they congratulated me! They even went to the hospital with me.

Thing I learned from that day:

- There's no such thing as impossible, if we wanna try and do our best

- When you're not giving up, you'll find the best thing at the end of your journey

- And to be a winner, you don't need to win, you just need to show that you're a true winner


Thanks for reading :)

Sources:
I made this for #kyuppyquotes's Tumblr :)

Photos:
None :)

2 comments:

  1. WOW!What an inspiring story :) Reminds me of Derek Redmond :) "When you're not giving up, you'll find the best thing at the end of your journey" ~ I like this line :)

    ReplyDelete